Steeped in myth, legend and tradition, the charming island of Cyprus is the third largest island in the Mediterranean and has a rich cultural heritage dating back over 10,000 years. Today it is a modern country that is a magnet for visitors as well as buyers seeking a home in the sun for a healthier lifestyle.
Blessed with a wealth of green valley’s and forests, natural minerals, sandy beaches, predictable sunshine, clear blue seas, fresh fruits and vegetables, citrus groves and vineyards, rocky cliffs and mountainous villages, handmade arts and crafts, fascinating archaeology findings along with endless lists of activities from water sports, spas, clubs and golf courses to a wide selection of international and local restaurants and traditional Cypriot tavernas all combined with an ideal mild Mediterranean climate, relaxed and welcomed atmosphere.
- Location: South eastern part of Mediterranean sea
- Capital: Nicosia (Lefkosia)
- Other main cities: Limassol, Paphos, Larnaca, Protaras, Agia Napa
- Area: Total: 9,250 km2 / Land: 9,240 km2 / Water: 10 km2
- Coastline: 648 km
- Elevation extremes: Lowest point: Mediterranean Sea 0 m / Highest point: Olympus 1,952 m
- Languages: Greek & English
- Population: 838,000
- EU Membership: Since 1st May 2004
- Currency: Euro €